Thursday, September 20, 2012

Possible Sasquatch Signs Seen In The Forests At Juskatla British Columbia


Hello, good to hear from you! I must tell you, right up front, I have never actually seen a Sasquatch. However, I grew up in the logging camp at Juskatla, BC, and I was night watchman there from the time, I was 16, until 2010. I am 32 now.

My duties had me traveling all over the tree farm license, often until 3:00 a.m. I had to keep tabs on the night shift crews, as well as watching for crooks, forest fires, etc.

I also filled in for the watchman at our Dinan Bay camp a few times.

In my spare time I explored this island quite extensively, particularly second growth forests, as I am interested in the WW1 spruce logging here. Spending so much time outdoors, I have witnessed my share of strange things.

A few years back, while exploring an area of second growth forest, WW1 vintage logging, I found something very odd. In a bit of a hollow, between an upturned stump and an old log, I found a deer skeleton.

Now, this was not an ordinary skeleton. All of the bones were neatly arranged, the long bones in one pile, vertebrae and ribs in another, etc. The ribs were all separated. I could not explain this, as a bear would not do something like this.

I still can not explain it. About a year later I was talking to an old fellow that found a strange thing near the Honna River, as well. Between two windfalls there were several deer skeletons. He thought that maybe a bear was using the logs as a trap. Maybe, but it could have been something else.

On one occasion I had to spend the night at an isolated area on a logging road, in order to maintain radio contact with three different machine operators. This area had so many dead spots I could not reach everyone from camp.

It was January, if I recall correctly, and the road was solid ice, with fresh rain on it. So bad in fact that you could not walk or drive safely on it, and two of our crew nearly crashed on the way home. I was laying sideways on the seat, back to the drivers side window, listening to music.

The weather had cleared up, and the moon was very bright. Suddenly, the hair on my neck stood up, and a tall shadow went slowly by the truck. I carefully reached my foot to the clutch, and started the engine.

The shadow vanished, and I did not see anything that could have made it. No hoofed animal could have stood on that ice, and I could see no tracks. Whatever it was, it scared the hell out of me! Later that week, Dad saw weird footprints about two miles from where I was parked.

He operated the grader, and was the first person into the area after some fresh snow.

He told me they did not look human, and were not from a bear. "sort of like a human-bear" I think were his words. I had not told him about what happened to me until he mentioned the tracks.

In the same area, kilometer 5 on Canyon Mainline, at least three nights in a row both myself and one of the operators saw a strange light. It was a constant, un-flickering light, orange in colour. After seeing it two nights in a row, I lined my truck up with some stumps, and took a rudimentary sighting on the light, so I could return in daylight and determine where it was in relation to the old logging roads.

It turned out to be a side hill in the middle of nowhere, quite a distance from the nearest road. Not really Sasquatch related, but strange and mysterious nonetheless. My Dad and I saw a similar light near Juskatla when I was a kid, and we could never figure out what it was.

In 2007 I was filling in for the Dinan Bay watchman on weekends, during a forest industry strike. The regular watchman was a close friend, and a very stable fellow. Non drinker, did not use drugs, much like myself.

He had told me a few weeks earlier of hearing strange noises at night, to the point that he was scared to leave the bunkhouse after dark. I figured he was hearing raccoons.

Anyway, the first night he stayed there with me to show me the ropes, and while we were watching TV at about 10:00 p.m., we were startled by loud banging under the bunkhouse.

Actually, it seemed to be against the floor, right under our feet. It actually shook the whole table, and seemed to be from a creature with great strength. My friend wanted to go out and see what it was, while I was with him.

Evidently this had been happening very frequently, and was driving him nuts. Frankly, I was not too keen on going outside, myself! We armed ourselves, I with a .303 Lee Enfield and he with a 12 gauge shotgun.

We went outside as quickly as possible, but found nothing. No tracks, as the ground was all rock. Later that night, I awoke to strange noises outside the bunkhouse. It sounded to me almost like the noises two ravens make when the talk to each other, only really loud.

There were two distinct voices. I stayed in bed listening to this, not sure what to make of it. It was actually quite terrifying, and made all the hair on my neck stand on end.

After a few minutes, the voices stopped, and there was a really loud, thwack, thwack, thwack,  much like the noise made when you whack a carpet.

I jumped out of bed and tried to get a look at whatever it was, but the window was too filthy to see anything. I never slept a wink the rest of that night. My friend never heard a thing, he slept on the other side of the bunkhouse where the genset drowned out all noise.

In the same area, we went exploring to the mouth of Prospect Creek, where we were told there was an old cabin. We found no cabin, but what I did notice were branches broken all over the place, at a height that I could not quite reach, and I am 6'2".

I have not seen that anywhere else on the island. Walking along the beach, we came upon a small clearing, a grassy area, that seemed to be used as a toilet by some creature. What creature, we do not know.

The turds were green, and roughly the size of large lemons. There was a huge amount of poop, in varying states from nearly dissolved, to almost steaming fresh. It was not like any bear droppings I have ever seen, and the piles were huge!

It was similar to elk droppings, but I am confident it was not from an elk. Any ideas?

Hope you find my experiences interesting.

Link to map of Juskatla British Columbia: https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=Juskatla,+British+Columbia&ie=UTF-8

If you have seen anything like this in the same area please be kind enough to contact Brian Vike at: sighting@telus.net with the details of your sighting. All personal information is kept confidential.

Also, please feel free to send in your sightings that have happened years ago. So many of these older sightings are nothing short of amazing.

The Vike Factor (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

The Vike Factor 2 (Brian Vike) http://the-v-factor-paranormal-2.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment